Thursday, June 17, 2010

Holy Sh*t!

After months of poop-free blog posts, I have to break the silence and talk about our daughter's excrements again. Sorry folks, but this is worth it! Today for no good reason at all I took Claire to Babies-R-Us to pick out a potty. I figured we might as well have a place for her to sit in the bathroom so I can keep an eye on her while I'm doing my business. Aaaanyway, Claire really took a liking to a white Babybjorn potty and she kept trying to sit on it in the store. So I purchased it, we drove home, and I placed it in the bathroom. Pants and diaper came off, and there we were enjoying our "mommy and me" moment on our potties. I talked her through my routine as usual, then left the room to go get the camera because she looked so cute sitting there on her potty. When I came back into the bathroom, Claire had that classic glazed-look in her eyes, then lo-and-behold she went number 2 in her potty!! I was perhaps more proud of her at that moment than when she had started walking. Claire was stunned to silence as I commenced a 5-minute-long hysterically loud display of praise, shock, and joy. After I had calmed down she stood up and bent over so I could wipe her, then she marched out of the bathroom. All done!




After I dumped her poop in the toilet, she took great pleasure in helping to flush it down. She consistently waves bye-bye after she does this.

No comments: