Sunday, January 25, 2015

On wheels

Claire got an early birthday present: roller skates! She is obsessed with them and practices skating in our kitchen every day. Yesterday we took her to the local skating rink. She was in love! Claire is already as good a skater as I am. I'm pretty sure it has been 20 years since I last roller skated, so I was pretty wobbly out there. Sure was fun though!


Mostly due to her small size, Claire was the winner of the limbo contest:

 
Tyler put on roller skates for the first time too. He was slip-sliding all over the place, even when he was hanging onto the wall! After 15 minutes he announced that he was all done. I was proud of him for giving it a good go. Our little guy was perfectly happy running around the outside of the rink, and enjoying the dance tunes.

No comments: