Tuesday, May 18, 2010

16th Month Photos

Claire's pretty good at entertaining herself these days while I'm doing chores around the house. She sits quietly (almost too quietly) and reads her books, and she pretend plays with her farm set for example. Occasionally though I hear some panicked yelling and I have to check on her. This is how I typically find her:

I'm surprised that she can even fit under the bed! She only yells because she doesn't figure out that she needs to duck her head to crawl out. Besides this little trick, she's also learned where her tongue is and she confidently sticks it out when asked "where's your tongue?"

Daddy taught her that one. We think she's also trying to identify things like teddy bear (da-ee) and kitty cat (goya-gah).
Claire's definitely comprehending much more than what she can verbalize herself. When I tell her that it's time to brush her teeth she basically runs (very exciting time!) to the bathroom and points to her big girl toothbrush. Thank goodness her toothpaste is berry flavored. She chomps away on that brush!

She has discovered where I keep the grocery bags in the kitchen recently. She loves to pull them out of the cabinet and parade around the house babbling. I wonder if she's shopping?

No comments: