Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't make mom-bird go away!

This morning as I was dead-heading the pansies in our hanging planters, I kept hearing a little cheep cheep sound which I just knew was a baby robin.  I glanced around in the nearby trees to find the nest, but then a movement caught my eye and I realized I was face-to-face with the baby robin right there in the planter!  Needless to say I stopped what I was doing and skidaddled off the deck so mama bird would not be distressed.  Claire and I kept an eye on the chick all morning.  We finally spied mama bird returning to feed her hungry chick, and I got this lucky shot:


We sure hope he/she makes it!  I can't say it's the safest place to nest, considering there isn't much of a lip around the edge.  Claire was very concerned about baby bird, and she warned me "don't make mom-bird go away!"  I was the least of her worries.  Tyler was the one banging on the window in his excitement at spotting the robin up close.

No comments: