Thursday, January 21, 2010

Think about this

One year ago I sat in this glider, wrapped my hands around my pregnant belly, and told Claire about the outside world. I did this alot during the pregnancy as I found it to be so relaxing. I remember having alot of time to think and hope. As I sit here taking a few minutes to reflect, I really find it difficult to accept that a whole year has gone by! Today Claire rocked herself in the glider chair and I just stared at her in amazement. It seems like just yesterday that I was talking to my unborn daughter in that very same chair and describing her nursery to her.


While I was pregnant I enjoyed reading out loud to Claire. Now she "reads" on her own.


I don't have nearly as much time now to relax and think, but when I do I always have Claire on my mind just like when I was pregnant. Take right now for example. It's after 8:00 and Claire is fast asleep. Just like every night, I have this constant feeling: I miss Claire and I can't wait for her to wake up. So here I am blogging about her. : )

No comments: