Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Legs falling out of the ceiling

>Well I finally did it. After years of carefully walking on roofs and in attics, I finally fell through the ceiling. Its something I've worried about for years, but recently thought little of as my confidence has turned to arrogance. So today, only 2 short hours after returning from Orlando, I marched up into the attack and promptly fell through. Well, not completly through, my legs up to my waist fell through. Regardless, it was enough to cause a freight in our house and to leave a fairly sizeable hole in our hallway ceiling. Man I'm dumb. Sorry to Sarah for having to deal with such a dumb husband. The good news is that I'm unhurt, no one was below when the incident occured and the hole has already been patched with new drywall. A couple of layers of joint compound and some paint and we'll be good as new. Here are some photos:

Before:

















After fall:

























After initial patch: (finish work to be done later)

2 comments:

Yusing said...

Where is the picture of Brian's legs sticking out of the ceiling?

Anonymous said...

See, the unthinkable can happen. Thus, shoveling snow off the roof when I'm not home to call 911 is off limits to Roger...