Monday, September 05, 2011

Spontaneity

...was the theme of our Labor Day weekend.  On Thursday night I called my younger brother Tony to shoot the breeze like we do every couple of weeks.  We took turns talking about how neither of us had plans for the weekend.  Brian is sitting next to me and says, "I'm checking on flights to Detroit".  Before I know it, we're booked to fly out to the Motor City to see Tony and his wife Katie! 

I hope we didn't get them sick.  Both kids came down with colds during our visit (bummer).  That's a risk you take when you invite us over!

Tony and Katie are the most chill people ever.  It was a fantastic weekend.  We ate watermelon on the back porch.  We strolled to the playground nearby.  We reminisced about our college days.  Hopefully we'll get to do it all again sometime soon.




No comments: